Ilinalta

DrAwkto Reads

Hello!

Looks like you have stumbled onto my booklikes blog. I, unfortunately, am not active on this site. I update every few months.

The Bone Season

The Bone Season  - Samantha Shannon During my initial read, I really enjoyed the book. I recommended it to all of my buddies. Before Mime Order came out, I attempted to reread the novel and I just couldn't. I got bored. The writing was bland and difficult to follow at times, due to the new language that Shannon decides to invent.

Furthermore, there's too much world building and exposition to get through before we get to the more entertaining parts of the novel. Unfortunately, the more exciting parts of the novel are in slim numbers.

The characters aren't overly thrilling. Thinking back on it, I'm not overly attached with any of them. And the novel follows too closely that the whole main character is the special little snowflake that can save the world type of thing.

Overall, The Bone Season is a great story, however, I wouldn't wanna reread it again. I could possibly slim the book to pick up the small bits that I will forget over time.